Before we can configure the SD card, make sure it is properly formatted as a memory card and inserted into the Monqi phone. If your device does not support external or expandable storage, you will not see the settings below.
First, we will grant access to full settings for an hour.
- Open the Monqi parent app.
- Swipe up on the child card.
- Tap the three dots in the upper corner.
Three dots will be on the left or right corner, depending on your device.
- Tap Child Settings.
- Toggle on Grant access to full settings for an hour.
- Tap the X button and save the settings.
Now, we will configure the SD card for usage on the Monqi phone.
- Open the menu on the Monqi phone.
- Select System Settings (different than "Settings").
- Scroll down to Storage.
You may have to search for storage if the setting is not visible.
- Tap the name of your SD card.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Storage Settings.
- Choose format as internal option.
This will erase all data on the SD card.
- Tap Erase & Format if you want to format your SD card as internal storage.
- Return to the home screen by tapping the home button.
Congratulations, you've successfully installed and configured your SD card. You're now able to store many more photos, install more apps, and generally improve the performance of your Monqi phone.
If you encountered any problems, please chat with our live agents 24/7 on monqi.co