We highly discourage to apply this without being advised by one of our technical support members.
With this procedure you will NOT loose any of the settings / contacts / geofences /restrictions that are already set on your kid device. All the history of apps used is also saved. The last 30 days of chat messages will be also visible.
On the other hand, applications that are not pre-installed in the device, must be re-installed again.
To do a factory reset on the Monqi - STK Sync 5e:
0. Make sure the device has at least 50% of battery.
1. Long press the power button.
2. Press the "POWER OFF" button. Wait for the phone to completely power off.
3. Now, firmly hold the volume UP button while clicking on the POWER button.
4. A text screen with three options is shown. Release both buttons now.
5. Using the volume UP button, select the "RECOVERY" option (first one). Then press the volume DOWN to confirm the selection.
The recovery procedure will display a new menu:
6. Scroll down with the volume DOWN key until the "Wipe data/factory reset" option. Click the power button.
7. You will see a final Confirmation option with a YES and several NO. Scroll down until you select "YES" and click the power button again.
8. The device will perform some a actions and it will put the phone back to the factory settings. You'll be redirected to a previous menu as in step 6.
9. In this menu, just select the first option "Reboot system now". Click the power button.
10. After a pair of minutes you'll be redirected to the initial Monqi setup. Set up your Wi-Fi settings again to connect to the network. Then enter the child's name when prompted and let the system rediscover that you were previously bonded.
11. There will be a transition to "Detecting bonded device" window, that will finally lead to the Kid's main screen. Accept the warning and wait until the profile picture are correctly displayed, after that... Job completed!!
12. You will receive a notification on the parent app, saying that the "Your kid is trying to re-bond", this is a standard security check, don't worry.
You have completed the factory reset on your kid's device. Remember that now you have to install your child's applications again.
HINT: You can still see the complete list of applications in the parent app. Go to the kid section and scroll down to the "App Management" section.