We highly discourage to apply this without being advised by one of our technical support members.
With this procedure you will NOT lose any of the settings / contacts / geofences /restrictions that are already set on your kid device. The app history will also remain saved. The last 30 days of chat messages will be also visible.
On the other hand, applications that are not pre-installed in the device, must be re-installed again.
To do a factory reset on the Monqi - IMO S2:
On the parent device:
- Select kid Profile
- Access to the "Child Settings"
- Select Enable settings for an hour
- Save and Close window
Now, follow to the kid's device:
- Make sure the device has at least 50% of battery.
- Open side left Menu
- Select "Android Settings" (previously enabled from Parent App)
- Scroll down to System and enter the sub menu
- Click on Reset options
- Click on "Erase all data (factory reset)"
- Read carefully, and click on "Reset Phone"
- Accept clicking on "Erase Everything"
Wait for 2-3 minutes for the phone to be automatically restarted.
Now follow this steps:
- Set up your Wi-Fi settings again to connect to the network, then complete the Android setup procedure.
- Setup as new phone (by default).
- Enter the child's Google Account or skip this (we suggest to SKIP this step).
- Accept and complete the Google Terms and Conditions.
- When prompted to "Select a Home app" select "monqi" , and "Always".
- The initial screen for the Monqi setup wizard will welcome you.
- The software will automatically check for updates and download the latest software if available.
- Then enter the kid's details when prompted and let the system rediscover that you were previously bonded.
- There will be a transition to a window titled "Detecting bonded device", that will finally lead to the kid's main screen. Accept the warning and wait until the profile pictures are correctly displayed, after that... Job completed!!
You will receive a notification on the parent app, saying that the "Your kid is trying to re-bond", this is just a normal security confirmation.
You have completed the factory reset on your kid's device. Remember that now you have to install your kid applications again.
HINT: You can still see the complete list of applications in the parent app. Go to the kid section and scroll down to the "App Management" section.