It's faster and more secure to use the fingerprint scanner to lock a Monqi phone. If your phone supports biometric locking, follow the instructions below.
First, we will grant access to full settings for an hour.
- Open the Monqi parent app.
- Swipe up on the child card.
- Tap the three dots in the upper corner.
Three dots will be on the left or right corner, depending on your device.
- Tap Child Settings.
- Toggle on Grant access to full settings for an hour.
- Tap the X button and save the settings.
Now we will set up Fingerprint unlocking.
- Open the menu on the Monqi phone.
- Tap System Settings (different than "Settings").
- Scroll down to Security & Location.
The setting name may be different in your version of Android.
- Select Fingerprint.
- Follow the prompts on-screen to add a new fingerprint.
You will be required to use a Pattern or a PIN as a backup for the fingerprint unlock method.
- Return to the home screen by tapping the home button.
Congratulations, you've created a safer way for your child to access their Monqi phone!
If you encountered any problems, please chat with our live agents 24/7 on monqi.co