Enabling unknown sources
Sometimes a phone's permissions can be cleared through a reset, security update, or activation of a Google account. Jungle is our own custom app and it does not appear on the traditional Play Store. If the permissions are changed, your phone may think Jungle comes from an Unknown Source.
First, we will grant access to full settings for an hour:
- Open the Monqi parent app.
- Swipe up on the child card.
- Tap the three dots in the upper corner.
Three dots will be on the left or right corner, depending on your device.
- Tap Child Settings.
- Toggle on Grant access to full settings for an hour.
- Tap the X button and save the settings.
Now, we will enable installation from Unknown Sources on the Monqi phone.
- Open the menu on the Monqi phone.
- Select System Settings (different than "Settings").
- Scroll down and select Apps & Notifications.
The setting name may be different for your version of Android.
- Select Advanced, then Special App Access.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Install Unknown Sources.
- Select Monqi Jungle and toggle allow from this source.
- Tap back.
- Select Monqi and toggle allow from this source.
- Return to the home screen by pressing home.
If you encountered any problems, please chat with our live agents 24/7 at monqi.co