Out of the box
Every Monqi powered phone is pre-installed with the latest version of Monqi! Before starting, please charge your new phone with the provided USB cable and USB plug. We recommend charging to at least 50% after completing this set-up process. Your child will want to explore their new phone and cables only get in the way!
- Power on the phone by pressing and holding the Lock button.
- Skip all the Android setup options, including SIM, WiFi, passcode...until reaching the Homescreen.
We recommend not using Google Family Link or logging in to Google as it may interfere with Monqi.
- Tap on the Monqi app in the center of the screen.
- Monqi will ask you to set-up a new WiFi connection. Connect to your home network to get started!
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create the Child Account.
Make sure your Monqi parent app is nearby - you'll be needing it soon!
- The final step of creating the child account is Bonding.
- Monqi will present you with a QR image - it's like a square bar code.
- On the parent app, tap +Add Child and answer the on-screen prompt.
- Scan the QR image with your parent app.
You'll need to give Monqi camera permissions if you haven't already.
- Bonding will automatically start. Please allow a few minutes for the process to finish.
Congratulations! You've successfully created a new Child Account and bonded the Monqi phone to the parent phone!
If you experienced any problems along the way, you can chat with our live support 24/7 at monqi.co